From Play Date to Soul Mate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do It Yourself Home Decor


My house has no spectacular home decor... however it has a few pieces that I made myself and I am proud of that!! I don't believe you have to have a house full of expensive items to make it feel nice. A house feels nice when you make it your own and allow it to become your home and let it be a welcoming place for family and friends! Here are a few pieces I have in my home that I made…thanks PINTEREST for the great ideas!

I absolutely love this H I made!! I have it hanging in my kitchen! It was not difficult but it took longer than I thought it would to make! All you need is a wooden or cardboard letter, twine, ribbon, and a hot glue gun! You can purchase all of these things at your local Hobby Lobby, Walmart, or any craft supply store! 


I love Christmas and so does my husband! He may even love Christmas decorations more than I do…but I didn't say that :) Daniel actually helped me make this one. The word Noel means Christmas carol and we love music in my house…especially Christmas music! We made this and had it hanging in our living room this past winter. This picture below is of it just hanging in the storage closet right now.  We bought the letters, painted them with red and brown paint and glued them together…easy!


I have a thing for wreaths or some kind of door decor year round. This is my spring wreath… I can hardly say I made it. All I did was super glue the flowers I bought at Hobby Lobby onto this plain wreath and added the matching ribbon. Simple yet pretty! 


Below is my most recent project. I purchased some 6x6 canvases from Walmart, scrapbook paper, and modge podge.  I already had brushes and paint at home. I painted the sides dark brown to match our living room furniture then cut up the scrapbook paper. I then used the modge podge to apply the scrap book paper on the canvas. It took a little bit of time but was fun and easy to do during my free time. I look forward to making more of these in different colors and some seasonal ones!





Feel free to leave me some links or ideas for more easy do it yourself home decor!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment